Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
about 1 month ago
We are looking for a Civils biased Project Manager to come in and join the team based in Birmingham. They will be supporting on a range of different renewals projects ranging from Buildings, Structures and Earthworks
What you will do:
- Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Network Rail company standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate.
- Provide a professional, consistent and effective project management service including the use of performance indicators and project reporting systems in accordance with Railway Group and Network Rail's company standards and guidelines.
- Manage the development and delivery of change projects in compliance with company processes and procedures.
- Manage tactical change and risks within the project life cycle for allocated schemes.
- Assist or lead in the provision of a safe working environment in the execution of managed work.
- Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
- Manage the production of project management plans
- Manage project budgets within agreed targets
- Deliver regular progress reports on change projects, including relevant risks and issues, to the Programme Manager.
- Promote and monitor the use of efficiency improvement methods.
- Disseminate lessons learnt.
Your experience will include:
- Successful relevant experience including project management.
- Educated to HNC/HND or similar standard.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project safety management experience
- Knowledge of Oracle Projects
- Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures.
- Knowledge of commercial and financial procedures.
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management or other professional body.
- A degree or equivalent.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt.