Morson International are looking for a Scheme Project Manager to come and join the team based in Leeds. Due to COVID-19 and office space available the role will predominately be home based. You will be supporting the delivery of 2 large platform extensions. The projects are Civils heavy however someone with a multi-disciplinary background is preferred as you will be interfacing with a range of other teams.
What you will do:
- Accountable for delivery of low complexity projects or parts of complex projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Governance of Railway Investment Projects (GRIP)
- Support the project Sponsor in preparing and maintaining definitions of the project requirements.
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams including commercial, programme controls, engineering, and others to identify solutions to client requirements and establish a robust baseline plan.
- Identify and monitor project risks (threats and opportunities), plan and implement mitigations to them, and respond to other issues that affect the project
- Implement and update resource allocation plans needed for delivery of the project including identification and management of critical resource requirements. Secure resources needed for projects from internal and external sources.
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
- Managing project reviews at appropriate points throughout the project lifecycle which will inform governance decisions of projects by providing evaluations of progress, performance, risk, contingency, and continuing relevance.
- Establish, and implement where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects and updating configuration documents as required.
- Support accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person.
Your experience will include:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management.
- Achieved PRINCE2 Foundation or equivalent.
- Good stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
- Successful relevant experience including experience of contracting and project delivery.
- Knowledge and experience of project budget management.
- Good evaluation and decision-making skills.
- Project safety management and Health and Safety legislation knowledge.
- Knowledge safety cases in support of projects.