East Midlands, England
Up to £263.62 per day
Rail Technical Team
11 days ago
Scheme Project Management requirement - Full management of their delivery team
Managing the full lifecycle ensuring projects are delivered within budget
North west & central
South routes - Northern rail to Euston
Taking a lead responsibility for project management activities in the Wolverhampton office.
Civils small interventions - Quick turnaround/ time pressured projects
Engaging with asset managers & a lead within CDM regulations
* Ideally civil engineering - drainage background
* Rail experience
* Project Management experience
* APNP - PNQ
* 5 Years' experience managing schemes of values around £250K - £500K
* Understanding of CDM regulations - Legislation of which the construction works are required to adhere to - Construction design management regulations
1. Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Network Rail company standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate.
2. Provide a professional, consistent and effective project management service including the use of performance indicators and project reporting systems in accordance with Railway Group and Network Rail's company standards and guidelines.
3. Manage the development and delivery of change projects in compliance with company processes and procedures.
4. Manage tactical change and risks within the project life cycle for allocated schemes.
5. Assist or lead in the provision of a safe working environment in the execution of managed work.
6. Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
7. Manage the production of project management plans
8. Manage project budgets within agreed targets
9. Deliver regular progress reports on change projects, including relevant risks and issues, to the Programme Manager.
10. Promote and monitor the use of efficiency improvement methods.
Disseminate lessons learnt.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Successful relevant experience including project management.
* Educated to HNC/HND or similar standard.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Project safety management experience
* Knowledge of Oracle Projects
* Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures.
* Knowledge of commercial and financial procedures.
* Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management or other professional body.
* A degree or equivalent.
Six Sigma Yellow Belt.