Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
About the role / project:
Working on the close out of E&P and signalling projects on the South East route in the Sussex area.
What you will do:
* Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Network Rail company standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate.
* Provide a professional, consistent and effective project management service including the use of performance indicators and project reporting systems in accordance with Railway Group and Network Rail's company standards and guidelines.
* Manage the development and delivery of change projects in compliance with company processes and procedures.
* Manage tactical change and risks within the project life cycle for allocated schemes.
* Assist or lead in the provision of a safe working environment in the execution of managed work.
* Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
* Manage the production of project management plans
* Manage project budgets within agreed targets
* Deliver regular progress reports on change projects, including relevant risks and issues, to the Programme Manager (Change).
* Promote and monitor the use of efficiency improvement methods.
* Disseminate lessons learnt.
Your experience will include:
* GRIP (Governance for Railway Investment Projects)
* AMP (NR handback process)
* Commercial awareness for project close out
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.