York, North Yorkshire
£300 - £385 per day
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
Job Title - Scheme Project Manager
Duration - ASAP - 11.9.2019
Location - York
Rate - negotiable dependent upon experience
Role is inside scope of IR35.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join our client based in York for an initial 6-month engagement.
* Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable company standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate.
* Provide a professional, consistent and effective project management service including the use of performance indicators and project reporting systems in accordance with company standards and guidelines.
* Manage the development and delivery of change projects in compliance with company processes and procedures.
* Manage tactical change and risks within the project life cycle for allocated schemes.
* Assist or lead in the provision of a safe working environment in the execution of managed work.
* Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
* Manage the production of project management plans
* Manage project budgets within agreed targets
* Deliver regular progress reports on change projects, including relevant risks and issues, to the Programme Manager (Change).
* Promote and monitor the use of efficiency improvement methods.
* Disseminate lessons learnt.
* Successful relevant experience including project management.
* Good stakeholder management experience.
* Educated to HNC/HND or similar standard.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Project safety management experience
* Knowledge of Oracle Projects
* Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures.
* Knowledge of commercial and financial procedures.
* Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management or other professional body.
* A degree or equivalent.
* Six Sigma Yellow Belt.