City of London, London
£55000.00 - £68000.00 per annum + Bonus + additional benefits
6 months ago
Morson International is proud to be the recruitment partner for The Low Carbon Contracts Company as they embark upon a large and varied recruitment campaign.
The Low Carbon Contracts Company (LCCC) and the Electricity Settlements Company (ESC) sit at the heart of the delivery of the UK's goals for secure, affordable and sustainable electricity. Run as a private, not for profit limited company, the LCCC primarily provides the mechanism behind Contracts for Difference (CfD) - a contract introduced by the government to infinitive's investment in secure, low-carbon electricity.
By enabling smaller low-carbon generators to gain entry through long-term revenue stabilisation, the LCCC plays a pivotal part in the UK's Energy Market Reform, the biggest change to the electricity market since privatisation.
3 years from its inception and having met short term objectives, they look now to move to the next strategic phase and are investing significantly in the workforce and are now looking to recruit a Scheme Manager to contribute towards ongoing success
The Scheme Manager will support the Head of Scheme Management in maintaining and sharing up to date information on performance for both the Contracts for Difference and Capacity Market schemes. This role will support the Policy and Insights team in understanding how the schemes are operating in practice, and will feed into future scheme design.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
Contracts for Difference
- Support the Head of Scheme Management in providing portfolio management of all Contracts for Difference contracts to allow sufficient oversight of Contracts for Difference change activity, taking a portfolio view of issues and changes.
- Support the Commercial Managers with regards to change impact assessments.
- Seek views from the Policy & Insights team on the policy alignment of any significant generator proposed changes as part of the initial impact assessment.
- Maintain accurate and up to date information on potential issues across the Contracts for Difference portfolio (i.e. an issue log).
- Share up to date information on Scheme Delivery, including potential disputes and changes under consideration, to support the Policy & Insights team in understanding how schemes are operating in practice and managing the feedback interface with the Shareholder and policy teams.
- Work with the Policy & Insights team to understand policy intent and then overseeing the documentation of LCCC/ESC's interpretation in portfolio wide internal operational guidance and external scheme guidance.
- Support the Head of Scheme Management in managing AR3 and future allocation rounds on behalf of LCCC.
- Develop materials for scheme applicants.
- Support the Head of Scheme Management in developing new stakeholder offerings for Generators, working closely with the Strategy & Business Development team to implement these.
- Provide expertise on different technologies and the application of contracts to the different technologies, working with Contract Management and the generators as appropriate.
- Provide expertise on FMS and SC, including the relationship with Ofgem.
- Work with the Policy & Insights team to understand policy issues and manage government and delivery partner interests and work with the Strategy & Business Development team (Stakeholder Management) to manage portfolio communications.
- Have oversight for the Capacity Market scheme, and deliver the overall corporate messaging on behalf of ESC for Capacity Market.
- Feed into the Policy & Insights team on overall scheme performance.
- Identify improvements and rationalisations in roles & responsibilities across the Capacity Market scheme.
- Work with the Policy & Insights team on identifying improvements to Rule and Regulation changes.
- Document all knowledge on the end-to-end Capacity Market activities.
- Support auction readiness, working with National Grid.
- Support the Head of Scheme Management in reporting to the Board on Capacity Market performance.
Skills/Experience Required for the Role:
- Commercial manager with significant experience in the energy sector
- Previous experience of having Direct involvement in the energy infrastructure projects
- Good understanding of the power infrastructure investment landscape, drivers and challenges
- Strong knowledge of relevant legal, regulatory and contractual management issues
- Knowledge of the Contracts for Difference and / or the Capacity Market schemes is beneficial but not essential
- Experience understanding, explaining and presenting complex technical or financial information
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholders, ideally within the public and utilities sectors.
- Strong influencing, analytical and technical contract management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the UK offshore wind sector (an advantage)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong financial and corporate / project finance skills desirable.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Persuasive influencer with the ability to build strong personal relationships and use them advantageously
- Highly motivated
- Able to work independently
Team Commitments for Scheme Delivery
- Set clear expectations by defining the purpose and deliverables for each meeting
- Seek out success and say well done
- Organise and facilitate a minimum of 2 company-wide lunch and learns per year led by Commercial
- Dedicate time to listen actively and check our understanding before responding
- Mentor each other to understanding the points of view across the company and bring different skills into our team
- Agree and implement an efficiency gain when possible
- Understand roles and responsibilities so we can raise concerns appropriately without auditing, questioning and undermining decisions made
- Drive ownership and development by empowering subject-owners to lead briefings, presentations and discussions
Shortlisting dates are secured throughout August so please apply as soon as you are able and further information can be found here https://www.morson.com/low-carbon-contracts-company-careers