Birmingham, West Midlands
£22000 - £26000 per annum
6 months ago
My client, a Birmingham based Multinational Engineering firm have a requirement for a Scheduling Coordinator to join their busy City Centre based Ecology team on an initial 6 month Interim basis focusing on the HS2 project.
As a Scheduling Coordinator you'll be reliable, hard-working, organised and pro-active, in order to help you manage a busy workload.
The team are responsible for conducting ecological surveys at any sites due for construction work to commence and it is the task of the scheduling function to ensure surveys are scheduled, carried out in an effective manner and recorded accurately using excel.
- Scheduling Surveys and coordinating the ecologists to where they need to be
- Assisting with creating the weekly survey schedule and updating the land access comments that get sent out to help surveyors.
- Resourcing surveyors for the schedule in line with their competencies or relevant licenses
- Assisting the scheduling team to coordinate all surveys for EWC North and other projects.
- Liaising with the internal team and being the main point of contact for surveyors and the clients
- Submitting land access requests for ecological surveys onto a database.
- Keeping an up to date record of calls/ correspondence with all landowners/ site managers to be able to report which land we have accessed to client on a weekly basis.
- Working with large data sets and being able to coordinate this efficiently
- Dealing and working with Construction Site Managers to advise them of the forecasted workload
- Answer surveyor queries (usually by phone) on land access for their surveys - usually where to park/ is there a path nearby I can use/what land is legally accessible.
- Produce comprehensive summaries and reports that can be shared within the team and with the clients.
Candidate skill set requirements
- Advanced Excel exposure and capability is a must
- Ability to able to work under pressure, prioritise workloads and work towards tight deadlines
- Possess a strong eye for detail and excellent communication skills required, as well having the ability to adapt to different tasks.
- Approachable, being able to work well in a team as well as individually
- Have the confidence to ask for help and advice where needed
- Knowledge of cloud-based file-sharing systems (e.g. Google Apps).
- Database management skills and the ability to create dashboards and data queries is strongly desired.
- Have a can-do attitude and willingness to tackle operational challenges.
Initially, this role will be based around remote working however the successful candidate should be available to work full time from the Birmingham offices once they re-open
The successful candidate will come from a similar scheduling role however industry / ecological exposure isn't essential providing the candidate can complete the fundamentals of the role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career within an established and successful business that has welfare and well-being as core values.
The Central England Ecology Team is unique in that whilst they enjoy the benefits and security of a large corporation, they work as a small close-knit ecology consultancy and welcome professionals from all industry backgrounds.