Up to £10.00 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
about 1 year ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking for Scheduler to be based in Theale, Reading.
Length of contract: ASAP - 10/07/2018
Hours: 8am to 5pm, 40 hours per week
- Planning Schedule & Diary - review work schedules on a daily basis, scheduling engineers to allow for time to alter and/or cancel jobs at short notice
- Engineers' Reports - ensuring works are completed and updating the management system/report as appropriate
- Procurement - ensuring the correct materials are ordered for the job, liaising with suppliers, and reviewing/amending quotes for the client
- Client Enquires Day to Day - organising callout enquiries and resourcing engineers to complete job
- Through the use of the Asset Management System and following the Management Operating System, define the forthcoming works programmes.
- This is to incorporate (but is not limited to) all planned, breakdown, new work and contracted tasks
- Booking operatives on site following access process
- Ensure engineer jobs are completed on time and deliver the highest level of customer care
- Ensure engineers have the correct information required to complete the job
- Managing operative diaries
- Prioritising emergency work
- Gain and record actions and approvals for the plan by liaison with the operation management through planning meetings.
- Development of the proposed plan, evaluating materials and resource requirements, the relative priority of tasks and ensuring that activities do not conflict
- Ensure that all outstanding work is monitored and reviewed and that Supervisors, Managers and end users are informed of progress on a regular basis. Any changes are to be fed into the revised plan and communicated to the facilities so they understand and accept the revisions to the plan.
- Undertake the processing and chasing up of work packages, through close liaison with Management and Supervisors to meet the requirements of the Management Operating System, ensuring that records are closed-out.
- Drive Operational excellence across the portfolio and meet / exceed expectations on KPI / SLA performance
- Liaising with subcontractors and operatives to schedule appointments/repairs
- Answer all engineer queries promptly and politely
- Ensuring relevant data is updated on a regular basis
- Communicate any concerns regarding the quality of works to be carried out
- Administrative duties any other ad-hoc roles that may arise
- This is not a safety related post, however the incumbent will carry out the activities of the post in a way such as to maintain, as far as is reasonably practicable the health, safety and welfare of company personnel and others and to safeguard the condition of the environment as required by the company safety manual.
- To carry out any additional job specific responsibilities as directed
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of operational planning
- Practical experience in an operational environment is preferable. Knowledge of planning tools is required and the candidate must be computer literate, have project planning abilities and be a good communicator (including presentation skills)
- Be able to demonstrate related experience in a helpdesk / planning environment
- Ability to be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels
- Personable and approachable
- Highly organised
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Calm under pressure and able to multitask effectively
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.