6 months ago
Schedule Manager (P6) required by our defence client's Project Controls function which is responsible for establishing and managing a world-class project controls regime providing assured project controls information and analysis to enable the MD and team to make quick and effective 'Best for Programme' decisions. It will assure project controls information provided by the Industry Parties and MOD, and drive continuous improvement in project controls across all the organisations.
The Project Controls function will set the Performance Measurement Baseline (APMB), i.e. establish the single baseline for schedule, cost, and scope that is the credible and consistent reference artefact against which the business holds the Parties to account. The Project Controls team will then use the data to provide insight on the critical drivers of success in the Programme.
The Schedule Manager will manage the schedule management capability. It will be responsible for the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) - a single integrated schedule baseline for the whole Programme. This role will be responsible for the co-ordination of all schedule information to enable integration between the Parties and hold to account and to support "best for Programme" decisions. This role will enable the governance structures and organisation to operate effectively with timely, accurate and consistent visibility of the Programme's schedule performance across the programme schedule hierarchy.
Other key relationships: Project controls representatives from the Party's Programme Delivery teams to ensure alignment of schedule data; PD's team as customers of the schedule information produced
Managing the integrated schedule capability
· Providing day-to-day direction and line management responsibility for the schedule management team.
· Leading the implementation and development of the schedule management capability including training activities.
· Owning the schedule data warehouse capability to support the management of dependencies between schedules.
· Building effective relationships with the project controls leaders within partner companies and the MOD, to support ongoing alignment of schedule performance and monitoring of dependencies across the Parties.
Establishing and maintaining the IMS
· Establishing a common set of standards (including data quality metrics), processes and systems for the input of schedule information into the IMS (in Primavera P6).
· Ensuring that the IMS has a common schedule hierarchy, Work Breakdown Structure, and Control Account structure.
· Coordinating and transferring all schedule information to ensure consistency and to maintain the integrity and accuracy of the IMS.
· Ensuring logical connections and interfaces between the overall network of activities required for the Programme.
· Ensuring the regular review, update and circulation of the IMS as outlined in the Programme Schedule Hierarchy.
Performance reporting and analysis
· Communicating performance against the IMS at the appropriate level of detail to programme stakeholders.
· Consolidating schedule information to effectively illustrate the schedule 'critical path'.
· Collaborating with the Risk Team to conduct Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA) and alignment to the IMS
· Analysing schedule performance to ensure early sight of any issues which may impact the adherence to the programme schedule baseline.
· Providing accurate forecasts of dependencies between Party's schedules and inputting to relevant governance structures.
Deep understanding of, and success in, managing the measurement and reporting of performance, in very large and complex programmes
· Graduate-level qualification in an project management, engineering/construction or demonstrable equivalent experience
· Significant experience of working with stakeholders across multiple functions and grade structures, and facilitating/influencing decision making at these levels
· Ability to manage highly capable, cross-functional teams, and exert influence both within and outside direct line management
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Experience of and ability to manage project controls teams effectively through a significant capital investment programmes
· Desirable - experience of working within a major UK investment project, involving both public and private sector organisations
· Desirable - knowledge of the UK Defence Sector and Submarines Enterprise
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.