Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + benefits
about 1 year ago
Morson International has entered in to a partnership with a telecommunications company to attract the best talent for projects up and down the UK. Our client is an alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure. They are experiencing rapid growth and we are now looking for a Schedule and Resource Manager.
- To be responsible for defining and managing planning standards ensuring that all projects and programmes adhere to these and identifying dependencies for projects within the programme and across enterprise-wide plans.
- Track, understand and communicate the impact on the programme from variances, issues and risks related to the programme schedule and plan, working with the programme and project managers to ensure these are managed and escalating to senior management where there is potential for impact on programme milestones or business outcomes.
- To identify gaps in existing human resources within the Operations department required to fulfil the tasks/workload with a programme or project and be able to provide justifications to leadership team for additional headcount.
- To analyse effectiveness of existing staff within Operations to understand and identify where training and support required to maximise productivity and output.
- Working as part of the PMO this role will be custodian of the company-wide programme and project plans within the companies chosen project management collaboration tool set.
- To ensure that all programme and project plans track and forecast key milestones and business outcomes (deliverables) at workstream level.
- To identify gaps in existing detail of programme or project plans and work with business leads and management teams to sequence individual tasks and events into a consolidated plan, identifying and accurately ensuring correct dependency mapping and critical path identification.
- Consistently manage the schedule to ensure that key milestones, activities and resource requirements are defined and understood, dependencies and conflicts are identified and flagged for resolution by the PMO and business leads.
- To assign resource from within the Operations teams to fulfil the tasks within the programme and project plans where durations can be quantified (for example within Design & Planning).
- To create, define and own scheduling policies and procedures, especially necessary to manage risks. To identify where additional toolsets are required to support the role and provide business case justifications for their provision.
- Support the City Project Managers and Construction Managers in analysis of external contractor schedules to ensure they are fit for purpose and achieve objectives. To provide recommendations for improvement or raise concerns where it is believed they may not be realistic or achievable.
- Work with the City Project Managers and Construction Managers as part of the design validation gating process to ensure that the 'client build programme' is produced, managed and maintained in accordance with the planning procedures.
- Set up appropriate lean visual programme metrics to assist the project team to timely deliver projects and improve productivity, performance and safety of projects.
- Ensure regular updating and refining of schedules to provide and up to date view and incorporate changes arising from Programme review, to mitigate risk etc. Ensure documented audit trail.
- Produce progress reports for review with the Programme Manager and senior team
- Responsible for identifying and securing the deployment of appropriate resources to projects based upon resource availability, capability, behaviours and business needs.
- Developing a relationship with and knowledge of Operations staff in order to maximize their effectiveness and as an input to resource planning and allocation.
- Propose staffing options to project assignment needs that align with skills, professional goals and/or staffing preferences.
- Work closely with Operations Management and HR to ensure proper visibility and communication into resource needs for current programme and project workload and work with finance and Commercial on justifications and requirements for future or potential programme or project workloads.
- Working with Operations Management to identify resource strengths and weaknesses, training requirements and skill gaps to ensure proper staffing.
- Recommend rotational and development opportunities in conjunction with the line manager.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years' experience working on complex integrated Project & Programme schedules
- Expertly skilled in the use of MS Project and/or equivalent project planning tools
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Have substantial experience of planning (scheduling) services within large complex environments within the construction and engineering industry
- Have experience in the use of planning techniques and the required planning toolsets
- Experience in resource planning and effectiveness analysis
- Experience of project and programme planning (Scheduling) within the Telecoms or Construction industries
- Demonstration of interest in lean manufacturing and six sigma problem solving approaches
- Hold a degree, or HND in a relevant subject
- Prince2 trained/PM authority
- Hold a professional membership of one or more of the following: RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE
Please contact Tom Glover at Morson International for further information.