Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Up to £35520 per annum + inclusive of car cash allowance
7 months ago
Our client a charity who look after and bring to life 2,000 miles of waterways across England and Wales, because they believe that life is better by water. Are currently looking for a ICA/SCADA Technician on a permanent basis in Stoke-on-Trent.
An ICA/SCADA Technician will form part of a team of M&E, ICA, (MEICA) and SCADA Engineers and Technicians providing technical expertise to operationally critical mechanised (MEICA) and SCADA assets. They will assist in the management of the significant infrastructure risk of these assets. They will aid in the development and deliverer of control system solutions to meet business requirements and the ongoing support of the Trusts MEICA and SCADA assets.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their knowledge of the full life-cycle of a control system for MEICA and SCADA assets. Have experience in working on similar assets to those of The Trust include water pumping station, automated water control structures (sluice and weirs), mechanised bridges and locks.
The successful candidate will also have knowledge of control system software including:
- Program-able Logic Control (PLC) programming following the IEC 61131-3 standard
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) configuration
- Knowledge Variable Speed Drives (VSDs) configuration
- Experience with Mitsubishi PLC, HMI and VSDs would be an advantage as these are our preferred solution.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate their previous experience in control software code writing, configuration and testing. The production of relevant design and configuration documentation required for this work.
Although the role is based in Stoke-on-Trent it will be expected that the candidate will have to travel to their MEICA assets nationally.
- Provide the Trust with definitive expert advice on MEICA and SCADA systems engineering issues.
- Provide operational support and systems to our regions and other internal teams.
- Assist with the management of the full life-cycle of control systems including documentation, software code writing, configuration, testing and commissioning.
- Assist with the development of technical documentation and designs, approval of electrical designs and documentation.
- Assist in ensuring that data and information for all Trust control systems is consistently maintained in accordance with prescribed standards and is available to meet the Trust's needs.
- Assist in ensuring that technical specification and work briefs for control systems are prepared and issued in a timely manner to the required programme. Aid in the technical management of MEICA projects so that effective and efficient engineering solutions are delivered.
- Use professional knowledge and experience to provide definitive recommendations to senior managers and other colleagues on appropriate approach.
Skills,knowledge & experience:
- Qualified to HNC level in a relevant discipline or demonstrable comparable industrial experience.
- Membership of appropriate professional body e.g IET
- Knowledge of the full life-cycle of a control system for MEICA and SCADA assets including control software code writing, configuration and testing. Configuration, implementation and testing of the interface to SCADA system. Production of relevant design and configuration documentation.
- Knowledge of Communication Networking including industrial Ethernet, Mobile data network used for M2M, other industrial networks including CC-Link and Modbus
- Experience of Electrical safety and isolation and/or mechanical system isolation procedures.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Able to support other areas of the business in an appropriate manner, taking account of overall business priorities and negotiating resources as appropriate.
- Able to provide a good standard of written communication and proven ability to present technical data to non-technical audiences.
- Where appropriate actively participate in "Stand-by" and" Call-out rotas
- Full driving licence