2 months ago
Systems Engineer (Networks, CCNP)
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999 chances are we have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We are currently recruiting for a Systems Engineer to join the Transport side of their business - this is a permanent positon based from our office near Canning Town.
The system engineer will work in a small team that supports both the projects team and maintenance team delivering works across London Underground and Network Rail systems.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
* Experience of designing, building, testing and maintaining network equipment (including Switches/Routers/Firewalls)
* Experience of designing, building, testing and maintaining Windows Server architectures
* Worked with or built network management platforms preferably Solarwinds
* Qualifications: Cisco CCNP or possibly CCNA with aspirations to complete the CCNP
* Experience of working in a London Underground Environment (desirable)
* The role will primarily involve providing technical support for a number of systems that could include networks, Windows Server architecture and SCADA systems.
* The system engineer will be responsible for undertaking system upgrades, design changes and maintenance.
* To provide technical support for the project delivery teams
* Provide technical support to the asset maintenance teams
* Provide a technical interface to the client
* Manage escalations to other departments within the company or external 3rd Line support
* Complete or provide support on design packages
* Perform reviews of design packages
* Carry out or support build, test and validation of systems
* Review system performance for systems
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
* HND or above in an engineering/Computer discipline
* Cisco CCNP or possibly CCNA with aspirations to complete the CCNP
* Microsoft Server Certification
* IRSE Licensed engineer
* ITIL foundation
* You will be an effective communicator (both written and verbal)
* Proven experience within a networks or Server infrastructure environment
* Demonstrable emotional intelligence to communicate effectively and positively with customers and colleagues in a challenging environment
Excellent employee benefits:
We are committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies
* Car allowance
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
We are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.