Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
SC/DV - Network Design Engineer - Basingstoke
It feels good to get back some sort of normality in the last of a couple of weeks, however, If you still feel demotivated going back into work and do not feel that your career is progressing in the right direction then it would be great to hear from you!
I am partnered with a Global Defence National Security organisation that takes pride in investing in individuals through internal training platforms and external training courses to keep you up to date with bleeding edge technologies.
They are on the lookout for a Network Design Engineer who has experience with Cisco or Juniper to be heavily involved in x3 major projects that help shape the UK's defence infrastructure.
The manager will provide someone who has the right attitude and technical competence the opportunity to become a Network Architect. Accreditations will be completed to ensure that the right candidates is certified in all of the relevant areas.
Provide day to day support to the Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required network configurations within all Transition and Migration Work Packages.
To support the Project Network Architects by configuring and implementing networks in line with the Network LLD designs.
To take ownership of network build documentation components for specific key programme activities such as Integration, Pre-Production and Live environment
The team ranges from developers, testers, project managers and Architects, although it is a team that consists of 50 people is extremely collaborative and they always look to help each other out.
Experience/background they are looking for:
- Cisco or Juniper
- Broad Networking knowledge
Technologies they are working with:
- Juniper and Cisco technologies
- Cisco accreditation CCNA preferable
- CLI experience of Junos and Cisco IOS
- Configuring LAN switches from Juniper and Cisco portfolio.
- Routing protocols i.e. BGP,OSPF
- Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP
- VRF and VLAN configuration
- SVI/RVI configuration
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP configuration
- AAA configuration
- Access lists configuration
- IP Addressing design
- Network troubleshooting
- Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types Skills useful:
- Firewalls skills, specifically Juniper SRX range and Cisco ASA Next Generation
This role will require someone to undergo SC and DV Clearance. The successful candidate will be able to start on site with SC Clearance in place with their DV Clearance being completed in the background.
Feel free to send your CV directly