South East England, England
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Network Design Engineer - SC cleared, DWDM, SDH, Optical networks, Nokia platform
Excellent opportunity to work for a global organisation on an initial 3 month contract. Location is flexible but will be site based in the South East. Locations in Suffolk or Hertfordshire could be considered.
Rate is flexible and dependant on experience.
A list of responsibilities and skills include the following:
L2/Optical networking role.
- Experience in designing DWDM networks including topological design, capacity planning, circuit design, modelling and fault finding operational scenarios.
- Full understanding of technical aspects of DWDM, SDH designs, knowledge of OTN, optical planning awareness and impairment impacts.
- Experience in developing and validating new services/features in carrier scale network, including feature design/definition, validation including low level test plans and execution, vendor liaison.
- Experience in turning customer requirements into deployable network solutions, ensuring customer obtains service required, and vendor provides support.
- Ability to challenge vendor technical teams at debug level, and to resolve technical issues within carrier scale network in minimal timeframe acting as 3rd/4th line support.
- Experience in ancillary systems and equipment required to support carrier scale network, including IP routing, Ethernet, wide range of transport test equipment (IXIA, EXFO,JDSU).
- Customer facing skills and ability to communicate at a range of levels allowing complex technical detail to be widely understood by a range of audiences.
- Experience of hands on ability to configure, test , commission and install DWDM/SDH/Ethernet equipment with minimal vendor guidance.
- Experience with legacy TDM and low speed transmission systems.
- Alcatel-Lucent/Nokia, Nokia EPT planning tool skills