Crawley, West Sussex
£50.00 - £56.00 per hour + Ltd
11 months ago
SATCOM Systems Engineer
Crawley - Contract until December 2019, extension TBC - £50 to £56 p/h Ltd
We are looking to recruit a SATCOM Systems Engineer to work for our aerospace client on an advanced aircraft communications system. Reporting to a Project Systems Engineering Manager, the successful applicant will be working primarily in the fixed wing environment, specifying and designing satellite and related communication subsystems and integrating these subsystems into a variety of avionics systems on a variety of platforms. You must have a proven ability of requirement decomposition, design and certification of SATCOM systems, ideally with knowledge of the aerospace sector.
- To execute Systems Engineering WPs and Tasks in accordance with the Company DDQS Process and the relevant Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) and associated subordinate Engineering Plans.
- To work closely in support of the relevant Systems Engineering Manager to ensure the delivery of development WPs to cost, schedule and quality.
- To contribute to the design and development of SATCOM systems covering various bands used by current and future civil & military SATCOM communication systems.
- To support Programme Management in the identification, mitigation and closure of Dependencies, Risks & Opportunities.
- Preparation of User Level and Systems Level Requirement Specifications.
- Contributing to System and Subsystem Architecture and Top Level Design, considering wider product policy and technology roadmaps.
- Requirement allocation to Subsystems; working collaboratively with other engineering disciplines to ensure the correct flow down of requirements and flow up of compliance evidence.
- Preparation of ICDs & IDDs.
- Preparation of Technical Statements of Work for equipment suppliers, and management of equipment supply subcontractors associated with a program.
- Preparation of IVVQ Plans, development of Test Means and Test Schedules, and execution of subsequent tests providing evidence for functional and non-functional requirement acceptance across all planned test points.
- Contribute to the execution of the System Qualification & Certification.
- Contributes Systems Engineering expertise and process knowledge to enhance company objectives and processes, effectively communicating and gathering support for them. Contributes to Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) Estimates and Supports proposals, customer presentations, and New Product Design.
- Team player who can interface well with engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Knowledge of existing Avionics SATCOM Products and System developments. In particular Inmarsat services and Swift Broadband (ARINC 781, 761 & 741) and Iridium would be ideal.
- Good understanding of Engineering Standards, engineering processes and maturity models.
- Proven ability working across the systems engineering lifecycle (including requirements, design and certification) at a senior technical level.
- Good knowledge of Civil Aviation Communications Systems and Networks both current and future visions & trends.
- Able to develop models of system performance (e.g. In MatLab/Simulink or alternative tool set).
- Background in development of systems in accordance with ARP4754A, ARP4761 and supporting RTCA DO-178B software development and DO-254 hardware development.
- Background working with network systems and networking principles, data, voice, or video and network software and hardware, data, voice, or video.