£900.00 - £950.00 per day
about 1 month ago
This role will support the Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting ( PB&F) lead within the Plan to Report Process Tower, working with the virtual team from within a major finance transformation program, across the wider business, and with the Transformation Partners. Supporting the definition of the end-to-end planning, budgeting and forecast process, the driver-based modelling design and leveraging SAP capabilities to move toward a fully integrated PB&F platform across functional, geographic and business unit boundaries to achieve efficient PB&F process.
* Act as core planning, budgeting and forecast subject matter expert.
* Support the relationships necessary to implement the PB&F deliverables both across the business and with the Transformation partner teams where required, demonstrating understanding of the financial and operational consequences of performance.
* Collaborate with the Plan to Report transformation members in the CFU/CUs to define PB&F best practices for the Plan to Report Tower.
* Support the PB&F Lead in creating the PB&F process design (with GPO accountable for overall delivery of Tower's outcomes)
o Partner business stakeholders to determine their input into detailed designs and requirements the PB&F requirements
o Support PB&F lead in developing policy and process changes required for overall design.
o Support driver-based modelling, scenario planning initiatives and ensure the fully integrated end-to-end PB&F solution is being considered.
o Flag any process exceptions (e.g. regulatory or exceptional item) to the PB&F Lead and capture in agreed template such as RICEFW.
o Ensure all necessary controls are embedded into the design.
o Support PB&F Lead with short term PB&F initiatives.
* Support the PB&F Lead to ensure the business requirements are fully reflected in the end-to-end design, exceptions to standard are minimised, best practices/use cases fully leveraged and implications for new ways of working are fully understood.
* Testing & quality management
o Translate requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product performance, and user acceptance testing.
o Assess the designs, prototypes, and other requirements work products to ensure they fulfil the requirements.
o Review of test scripts and execution of testing to ensure requirements are met in the end solution.
* Partner with the business and Transformation Partner teams to ensure PB&F activities are carried out in accordance with MFB Governance, framework and agreed ways of working.
* Assist in identifying critical path dependencies as part of supporting the development of the overall Plan to Report roadmap.
* Work with the PB&F Lead and the technical and change teams and business to define the cutover and business readiness plans.
* Work with programme team and CFU/CU teams to transition processes into the business as part of deployment and ensure business adoption.
* Assist with defining detailed plans to meet programme and transformation milestones, mitigating risks, clarifying ambiguity, and when appropriate escalating issues to the PB&F Lead.
* Support continuing transformation of Plan to Report to best in class, applying ongoing continuous improvement to identify and implement changes (as agreed with the Finance Design Authority).
* Ensure the PB&F processes are fully compliant to standards and financial controls.
* Qualified Accountant
* Demonstrable knowledge and expertise of PB&F ideally within previous FP&A and Business Partner roles
* Experience of design and implementation of SAP BPC planning models with strong SAP technical skills.
* Understanding of best practices and improvement enablers
* Experience of delivering successful transformation projects where activities are managed in a matrix structure
* Experience working with global teams
* Culturally aligned
* Telco and/or experience in similar industry
* Process improvement qualifications e.g. 6 sigma
* Track record of delivering similar multiyear programmes in multiple companies
* Operational experience of delivering PB&F solution to multiple business units across multiple geographies
* Design and implementation of SAC models.