Sales & Business Development Consultant (Learning Solutions)
16 days ago
I am partnering with a large consultancy business who employ over 1500 people. My client is looking to hire a Sales & Business Development role on a full time, permanent basis. This business is based just North of Leeds but this role can be based from anywhere in the UK for the right person.
My client is looking to see a broad range of experience but is typically looking for candidates 2-5 years+ Sales, Business Development & Account Management experience. Candidates that have a good knowledge of Learning & Development (L&D) are preferred. Essentially these roles are selling L&D services and managing existing L&D accounts.
The purpose of this role is to deliver high level learning and development proposals to clients via responding to bid and tender opportunities, incoming leads and through proactive lead generation to win new clients. The individual will work with colleagues and partner organisations to develop learning and development initiatives. They will provide high level sectoral, L&D and technical expertise for the deployment of our Bespoke Digital Services and Ready to Go solutions.
Your key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the learning / e-learning sector landscape and what that means for training in the sector, both for immediate and future needs
- Leading on strategy, policy, product and service recommendations and implementing associated activity plans to meet sales expectations.
- Understanding how to maximise our products and services for the sector
- Understanding the competitor landscape in the sector
- Consulting customers and partner organisations to be able to deliver high value contracts and clients and to open new markets
- Proactively contacting HR and L&D professionals and providing a consultancy driven service to recommend solutions to meet their learning challenges
- Working closely with the content development team for the development of new bespoke digital and blended learning solutions in line with customer and partner feedback
- Representing the business at key eLearning events, including presenting and running seminars
- Knowledge and awareness of educational and learning technology trends and good practice
- Knowledge of the wider e-learning market
- Knowledge of the wider corporate L&D and education market
- Knowledge of learning management systems
- Experience in responding to high level bespoke digital development requirements
- Experience in bid writing and implementing sales strategies to winning bids and tenders
- Experience in an e-learning or training environment
- Experience in a consultative B2B sales environment
- Experience managing client's expectations
- Experience in a technical sales or training sales role
- Experience securing order values of between £50 - £300k
The salary for this role will be discussed as part of the application screening but is competitive.