Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
25 days ago
I am recruiting for an Account Manager for my Leading Global Software House.
The purpose of the role is to hold full responsibility for maintaining close relationships with accounts across the Europe and potentially US/APAC plus a defined set of new logo operators.
The primary focus is delivering business growth and ensuring customers gain maximum value from current solutions and ensure they can capitalise on the ever-growing cruise application ecosystem.
Due to the location of the customer base, there will be a requirement to make business trips within Europe and to different countries in the North America and APAC regions.
- Account Management: achieve/exceed sales bookings targets and maintain strategic relationships with every level in the account.
- Upselling: ability to communicate and up-sell the full solution set to accounts and new logos.
- Customer discovery/feedback: continual engagement with customers to maintain a deep knowledge of the customers' business, future priorities and business goals.
- Customer advocate, to ensure the customer is fully represented internally
- Development of a long-term Strategic Account Management career in the Cruise market and play an active role in the strategic direction of the sales and marketing strategy.
- A consultative, value-based selling approach. It is highly advantageous that the candidate has a level of maritime operational skills and knowledge to self-generate incremental opportunities.
- Define, own and implement a customer engagement strategy for each account. Leverage all departments, product management/development, marketing and client services to aid growth and promote strategic value to the customer.
- Engage Client Services in order to obtain the necessary technical advice or specifications, including the estimated time and internal costs of quotations.
- Assist Client Services with resolution of any issues or specific needs affecting his/her accounts.
- Take part in account, operational management and global sales meetings as directed.
- Compliance with all internal policies and operational procedures.
Required Skills / attributes:
- Relationship building with the C level and Marine Technical/Operations department.
- Knowledge of the cruise and/or shipping market is highly desirable.
- Consultative engagement and value-based selling technique.
- Demonstrable track record in exceeding sales targets.
- Track record in achieving year on year growth within accounts through up and cross selling initiatives.
- Capability to quickly develop an excellent knowledge of the Cruise products and services.
- Good knowledge of IT industry standards, and general trends in the software industry.
- Can do attitude, driven tenacious self-starter. Driven to achieve deadlines and goals.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to effectively present to stakeholders and subject matter experts.