4 months ago
Safety Manager, Contract, Base Location Bristol
Due to the nature of the position, SC clearance is required prior to starting
To provide strategic and tactical management of the Aquila ASMS and to provide assurance that Aquila Operations are safe and meet all regulatory and contractual safety requirements.
This role provides safety advice on behalf of the organisation to managers to help them make decisions on how to act.
This role assures Aquila's compliance with safety-related contractual and regulatory obligations.
This role acts as the central point of contact for all internal and external customers for safety-related incidents, assistance and safety subject matter expertise.
* Providing support and advice to the Aquila Head of Safety in all matters pertaining to Air Safety.
* Act as deputy to the Head of Safety including providing guidance and support in the following areas:
* Guaranties that the Aquila solutions and services meet their Safety, Environmental and Human Factors requirements and help ensure the safety assurance of all products, systems and services supplied by the company. This includes the oversight and acceptance of supply chain and sub-contractor safety assurance.
* Ensures that customer and regulatory (Safety, HF, HSE) requirements are met.
* Leads improvement programmes in these (Safety, HF and HSE) and other areas, to maintain a high level of Aquila performance.
* Work closely with the Head of Safety in the coordination of customer interfaces including safety and regulatory bodies
* Provides thought leadership in building the Aquila Safety capability into a Centre of Excellence.
* Support the development of and actively promotes the Safety Culture for Aquila.
* Support the development of and champions an environmentally responsible approach to delivering Aquila business.
* Supports the Head of Safety in the definition of Aquila's business strategy.
* Supports regular status and performance reporting to the Aquila Board and other key stakeholders.
* Representing Aquila at external/internal safety-related meetings.
* Leading the company strategy for functional air safety management to support the safe delivery of the Marshall Technical Services, Temporary Technical Services and the MARSHALL assets.
* Responsible for the tactical daily administration of the company's ASMS.
* Leading the provision and maintenance of the relevant parts of the MARSHALL Safety Case, according to the company responsibilities.
* Provision of safety assessments of incident investigations and potential change requests.
* Conduct on-going Safety Assurance of AQUILAS Service Delivery sites.
* Lead the maintenance of the air safety management aspects of the company ATM Approved Organisation Scheme approval.
* Take safety lead on developing new business opportunities for Aquila
Skills and Qualifications:-
* Alerts the Head of Safety to any significant safety risk / hazard and an Formal qualifications to first degree level (or equivalent demonstrable experience) in an Air Safety related discipline.
* Good knowledge and experience gained from working in a technology delivery environment, within a real time, safety related industry.
* Knowledge and experience of commercial delivery and customer relationship management.
* Intimate and authoritative knowledge of the MARSHALL contracted services.
* Knowledge of all relevant MAA Regulatory Articles.
* Knowledge of all relevant MOD, NATS and Thales Safety Management processes.
* Familiarity with MOD SCRs, Release into Service processes, Hazard Logs and ASIMS.
* Strong influencing, persuasive and communications skills with experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
* Proven track record in managing the delivery of safety assurance from suppliers.
* Ability to command respect and trust among industry peers, customers and own staff.
* Strong planning skills and capability to translate information gathered from meetings and workshops into detailed plans.
* Good IT skills (e.g. sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite).
Flexible to travel to other locations when required significant risk or change to the company adherence to safety, quality and environment policies and processes.