Up to £17.04 per hour
6 months ago
Safety Health and Environment Administrator; based in Portsmouth; 3 month contract; £17.04 per hour
We are looking to recruit a Safety, Health and Environment Administrator to provide administrative support within the Safety Health and Environment Team for a large manufacturing company based in Portsmouth. Working closely with SHE Delivery Team, SHE Business Support Team, Occupational Health and Head of SHE the role will involve providing general administration with a primary responsibility in delivering the daily routine tasks which are vital to the efficient running of the function.
Duties will involve;
Support Business and Functional Activities:
- Be able to perform general office administration tasks including
- Administer the Occupational Health and Safety reception desks
- Custodian of confidential medical records
- Confidential and technical duties to facilitate the daily and project activities of the SHE Team (including confidential medical reports)
- Arrange meetings, venues, catering etc.
- Manage actions arising from Head of SHE meetings to ensure timely completion where possible
- Minute taking at key meetings
- Maintain the Leadership Team Process Confirmation, data, ensuring spreadsheet and supporting documentation is up to date on a monthly basis
- Arrange Travel for SHE Team, both UK and internationally, including accommodation, visa applications etc. Ensuring that an itinerary is produced detailing travel arrangements
- Produce statistical reports as required
- Complete expenses for SHE Management Team
- Administer the Occupational Health Database and appointment booking systems
Administer the Claims process;
- Liaison with Solicitor and co-ordination with stakeholders
- Quarterly Claims Meetings
- Dealing with requests for information
- Undertake Building Officer duties
- Point of contact for IT / Facilities Management issues
- Making SHE Team purchases using CPC and RBS Cards, purchase requisitions, manual payments etc., including the completion of transaction logs for audit
- Assisting in maintaining a cost effective office environment, keeping accurate records of SHE Team purchases
- Assist with SHE database administration e.g. OSHENS and Cardinus
- Effective and seamless handover so that the end user is not aware that this role is covered by more than one member of staff
You will have the ability to plan and manage a range of administrative duties, including diary management and act autonomously to ensure the smooth running of area of responsibility. You will be able to assist in the organisation of SHE events and take minutes at meetings and or attend and participate when required. You will have a high level of relevant PA, administrative or operational experience along with good knowledge of SHE management systems. You will be proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite and have the ability to collate information and present it in an accurate and professional manner appropriate to the audience. Excellent writing and literacy skills are required along with a high level of customer service skills. Good business awareness is required. Experience of IOSH Managing Safely is desirable. Strong time management skills to respond efficiently to short notice requests whilst managing scheduled commitments. You will have attention to detail with record keeping.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.