Up to £50.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
Safety Engineer (x6)
Location: Bristol, Duration: 6 Months, Pay Rate: £50.00 ph (Ltd)
A vacancy exists for a Senior Safety Engineer within the Safety Services Group (SSG) of a multinational engineering support provider's Marine enterprise. The SSG supports the client's In Service Submarines (ISM) project team via the management of Safety Cases, Safety & Environmental Management Systems, and the provision of Safety and Risk Management expertise to the MoD.
The SSG Senior Safety Engineer is essential to the technical delivery of the client's outputs under the Maritime Support Delivery Framework (MSDF) contract. The Senior Safety Engineer will be responsible to the SSG Head of Department (HoD) through the Deputy HoD (DHoD) for project delivery via routine & project tasking, budgeting and resource planning.
- Support the SSG HoD in the management of SSG programme output delivery, including task/project identification, definition, delivery, budget management and cost control, resource management and stakeholder liaison.
- Project manage/conduct Safety Services Group projects as directed by the SSG HoD and DHoD.
- Provide safety management advice and support to the MoD and the client.
- Provide advice and expertise on the assessment and management of safety risk to the MoD, the client and Stakeholders as directed by the SSG HoD and DHoD.
- Assess and provide advice to the MoD on submarine material state issues by way of the production of submarine Safety Summary Reports.
- Continually seek to improve the efficiency and quality of service of the Safety Services Group.
- Provide technical review of contracted outputs to ensure the correct level of quality is achieved.
Proven ability in:
- Submarine systems with an appropriate background in submarine design, support or operations.
- Safety and Risk management techniques.
- Application of the requirements of DSA Series/JSP 430/Def Stan 00-56 or similar methodologies.
- Project management in a design/safety management or other engineering environment.
- Environmental Management.
- Naval Reactor Plant systems and operation.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).