Up to £53.00 per hour
17 days ago
Safety Engineer - 12 month contract - can be based at Weymouth, Dorset or Frimley in Surrey
We seek a Safety Engineer to carry out a range of Safety Engineering activities and analyses on all areas of a Submarine Combat System, including Navigation, Command and Control, and Communication systems. This work will contribute to the development and maintenance of Def Stan 00-56 safety cases, to demonstrate that the safety risks of operating the submarine are as low as reasonably practicable.
- Determine and manage stakeholder requirements
- Understand customer requirements
- Hazard identification and risk analysis
- Product safety management system
- Safety assessment
- Safety case and safety case report
- Safety, HF and operability requirements capture and management
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
Demonstrable ability in safety engineering and activities contributing to the production of product safety cases.
Broad knowledge of industry safety standards (such as Def Stan 00-56, IEC 61508 or similar).
Applicants should be able to demonstrate domain knowledge in at least one of the following:
- Complex Electronic Systems
- Software Development
- Maritime Navigation
- Command and Control Systems
- Sonar Systems
- Virtualised Networks
- Radio Communications
- Radar Systems
- Underwater Weapons