Up to £53.00 per hour
3 months ago
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £53 Per Hour
Our client is a Major Aerospace, Defence & Security company, they seek a Safety Specialist to undertake in Engineering activities and analysis on all areas of the Submarine Combat System, including Navigation, Command and Control, and Communication Systems.
This work will contribute to the development and maintenance of Def Stan 00-56 safety cases, to demonstrate that the safety risks of operating the submarine are as low as reasonably practicable.
- Developing functional safety justifications for defence systems based on claims, argument, and evidence.
- Organising and contributing to Hazard Identification workshops and Safety Committee meetings.
- Carrying out and analysing results of studies such as Failure Mode & Effect Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, to gather evidence to support the safety case.
- Engaging with third parties, such as equipment or system suppliers, to review and gather supporting safety case evidence.
- Production and maintenance of Safety Case documentation (plans, policies and reports) to support project milestones.
- Conducting Risk Management in accordance with Def Stan 00-56
- Proven ability in safety engineering and activities contributing to the production of product safety cases.
- Broad knowledge of industry safety standards (such as Def Stan 00-56, IEC 61508 or similar).
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate domain knowledge in at least one of the following:
- Maritime Navigation
- Command and Control Systems
- Sonar Systems
- Virtualised Networks
- Radio Communications
- Radar Systems
- Underwater Weapons
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must be capable of obtaining UK MoD Security Clearance to SC level.