£38000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
This will be a remote based position whilst Covid restrictions are in place. Can be based in Telford, Bristol or Washington going forward.
Our client designs, manufactures and supports world leading military vehicles. The business is currently preparing for an exciting period of growth ahead of key armoured vehicle programmes for the UK MOD. We are now looking for proactive individuals with a willingness to lead and integrate into large engineering development programmes.
This is a unique opportunity to become part of the team developing, integrating and testing one of the most revered and battle-proven armoured vehicles in the world. You will become a key part of the engineering team, leading and executing your own technical area to enable the successful delivery of the programme.
We are building a team of engineers, managers and leaders who will drive excellence and deliver the best for our customers. As part of this team you will be given the opportunity to stretch and grow, and continuously develop in a dynamic and high performing group delivering a high status project.
If you are driven to succeed, thrive on challenge, and are interested making your mark in the field of military vehicle development, this role should hold much appeal.
As an SEL Engineer, you will be supporting the systems, trials and sub-system teams. This is a varied role which will expose you to lots of different vehicles and systems.
This is a demanding role, requiring close liaison between Engineering teams and suppliers. Significant drive and energy, strong engineering skills, and the ability to deliver a diverse programme to demanding time, target cost and quality requirements are essential attributes to succeed.
The individual will be required to work across geographical and cultural divides to draw together a comprehensive engineering capability that will derive balanced system solutions.
- To support the Project Safety Manager in the successful delivery of the Safety Programme to quality, cost and schedule.
- Maintain and operate in accordance with, a Safety, Environmental and Legislative management plan
- To facilitate and chair Hazard Identification meetings on behalf of customer and project
- Undertake safety analysis utilising a variety of techniques such as Functional Failure Analysis (FFA), Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Provide guidance to engineering and other functional departments in relation to their Safety, Environmental and Legislative requirements
- Generate and maintain a robust Hazard Log
- Provide support to assurance that the design is adequate i.e. it is robust, underpinned by supporting evidence for the safety case
- Generate coherent safety justifications and Safety Case Reports on behalf of customers and projects
- Engineering degree desirable
- ONC/HNC or equivalent experience in Engineering
- Experience of safety engineering within a vehicle environment (desirable).
- Working knowledge of MOD Safety & Environmental Management Systems
- Understanding of MoD safety management activities and processes, e.g. DSA01.1, DSA02.DLSR, DEF STAN 00-051, 00-055, 00-056 and the ALARP process
- A good working knowledge hazard management tools
- Completing and overseeing the production and presentation of reports.
- Carrying out safety analysis and research activities
- Ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Able to work under pressure and be able to schedule, coordinate and to maintain efficiency
- Credible presentation skills
- Knowledge or experience of one of the following would be beneficial:
- Functional Safety
- HMI/Accident Analysis
- Supplier Safety
- Legacy Platforms