Up to £53 per hour + Safety
3 months ago
PRINCIPAL ENGINEER - SAFETY ENGINEERING (AVC) - CONTRACT 6 Months - Warton
A Vacancy exists in the AVC Function Development Team as part of the Safety sub-team, to perform safety analysis (initially Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA)) of the functions that will form the system requirements. The requirements will cover command & control/monitor, boat and equipment control. Based primarily at Warton with some travel to Barrow and possibly Rochester to support delivery. Role Overview
- To undertake a range of Product Safety activities in line with all relevant project and corporate processes and any specific customer requirements
- To undertake review, qualification and approval activities relative to deliverable and delivered items
- Facilitate the implementation of relevant Product Safety processes
- Knowledgeable with respect to Product Safety Legislation and Regulation
- Familiar with Product Environmental Legislation and Regulation (ARP4754, ARP4762 etc) The Engineer will be competent with applying formal hazard/ safety assessment techniques and methods such as: -
- HAZID (Hazard Identification),
- HAZOPS (Hazard and Operability studies),
- FHA (Functional Hazard Analysis),
- PHA (Preliminary Hazard Analysis),
- FTA/ETA (Fault/Event Tree Analysis),
- FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) etc.
- Good communication & team working behaviours.
- Proven Ability in safety risk management, this will include hazard identification, analysis, risk assessment and risk mitigation Based primarily at Warton with some travel to Barrow and possibly Rochester to support delivery.