7 months ago
We seek 2 Safety Engineers whose duties will include;
- Implementing safety processes and plans in large complex systems (hardware & software).
- Developing safety processes.
- Developing Safety Management Plans (SMPs).
- Hazard identification and analysis.
- Qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Functional decomposition.
- Human Factors, operability and maintenance impact on safety.
- Liaising with engineers and suppliers.
- Developing ALARP arguments.
- Developing safety cases.
- Developing Safety Functional Requirements (SFRs);
- Deriving safety requirements on systems, components and testing from safety analyses;
- Setting Availability, Reliability & Maintainability (ARM) requirements;
- Providing/ eliciting compliance evidence to requirements;
- Accounting for time at risk for requirements.
- Proven ability on Astute/Dreadnought Submarines is essential for this role.
- Flexibility to transfer and operate effectively between concurrent projects such as Astute-Class / Dreadnought-Class / Nuclear Facilities/ SMITE etc
SEASONED IN THE FOLLOWING SAFETY TECHNIQUES STANDARDS & GUIDANCE
- Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Event Tree Analysis (ETA);
- Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Accident Sequence Modelling
- Fault Schedules
- Hazard & Operability Analysis (HAZOP)
- Zonal Hazard Analysis (ZHA)
- IEC61508, DO178, DEF-STAN-00-56, ARP-4761
- Setting integrity requirements (e.g. SIL, DAL)
- Providing/ eliciting compliance evidence to standards and requirements
- Dealing with Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) equipment
- Dealing with Software of Unknown Pedigree (SOUP).
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK 2 SAFETY ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)