8 months ago
Approx 6 months
Contract until 31st March 2019
Location: Keynsham, Bristol
Pay rate: Negotiable
The Safety Services Group (SSG) provide Safety and Environment Management support to the In Service Submarines (ISM) Project Team, supporting the management of In Service Submarine Safety Cases, Safety & Environmental Management Systems and providing safety and risk management expertise to the MoD.
The SSG Safety Engineer is essential to the technical delivery of the client's (BM) outputs under the Maritime Support Delivery Framework (MSDF) contract. Responsible to the SSG Head of Department (HoD) and Safety Engineering Manager for project delivery via routine & project tasking.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities/Skills:
- Support the SSG Safety Engineering Manager in the management of SSG project delivery, including task/project identification, definition, delivery, budget management and cost control and stakeholder liaison.
- Project manage / conduct Safety Services Group projects as directed by the SSG Safety Engineering Manager.
- Assess and provide advice to the MoD on submarine material state issues by way of the production of submarine Safety Summary Reports.
- Support the Safety Services Group Safety Engineering Manager in the delivery of safety engineering outputs, participating in activities in areas such as design change, Naval Authority Certification and safety assessment of submarine systems and equipment.
- Provide technical review of contracted outputs to ensure the correct level of quality is achieved.
- Nuclear: Proven ability of Naval Reactor Plant systems, ship systems and operation is desirable.
- Proven ability of submarine systems with an appropriate background in submarine design, support or operations.
- Proven ability of the application of Safety and Risk management techniques.
- Proven ability in the application of the requirements of JSP 430/ Def Stan 00-56 or similar methodologies.
WE SEEK SAFETY ENGINEERS X2 WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)