Our client seek a contract Safety/Regulatory Compliance Engineer for a Military Satcom Systems programme.
Working directly within a bid team, the job holder will ensure that Safety and Regulatory Compliance requirements are identified and complied with and that bid documentation is produced within the required timescales.
- Production of Sustainability, Safety and Environmental Management (SSEM) Plan and associated documentation in accordance with UK MOD Safety and Environmental processes and procedures.
- Support the development of Product Regulatory Compliance and Product safety bid documents to Airbus internal processes and standards.
- Develop and deliver the Safety and Environmental Work Package Descriptions required to support the overall bid solution.
- Support the development of the bid Work Breakdown Structure and Organisation Breakdown Structure.
- Deliver the required inputs to support the bid Governance process to Airbus internal processes and standards.
- Lead and manage to resolution Safety, Environmental and Product Regulatory compliance issues raised during the bid process.
- Production of deliverable documentation and ensuing the timely delivery and acceptance in line with bid timescales.
- Provide advice, guidance and expertise to project and product teams, acting as focal point for all project Safety, Environmental and Product Regulatory compliance matters.
- Ensuring that all business, regulatory and customer requirements are identified and appropriate compliance evidence is available.
- Undertaking / facilitating required Safety and Environmental analysis.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Complex bid experience.
- Military communications system (including Military Satcom Systems).
- Knowledge and proven ability of Safety and Environmental Product Regulatory Compliance legislation.
- Good knowledge and experience of Safety Management Systems.
- Knowledge and proven ability with UK MOD Safety and Environmental Management processes (DEF STAN 00-056, DEF STAN 00-051, POSMS, POEMS).
- Understand how to deliver bid material relating to safety and environmental management.