£55 - £65 per hour
10 months ago
Safety Engineer - Bristol - 6 months - £55/hr to £65/hr LTD
The successful candidate will undertake development and in-service System Safety activities in support of the UK MoD customer safety related Information Systems and Service Safety cases.
The role has the following key responsibilities:
- Assist and lead the programme planning and support for safety activities
- Safety programme scoping and planning
- Resource workload planning
- Support to bids and proposals
- Identify, monitor and execute risks, issues and opportunities and support the development of mitigation plans.
- Lead on the development of System Safety artefacts and associated documentation in accordance withMoD Safety Policy and Defence Standard 00-056 for theSCIS programme including the development and update of:
- Safety Management Plans
- Safety assessments for safety related data and information systems and the selection and application of appropriate software safety techniques.
- Hazard Identification and Analysis including:
- Functional Failure Analysis
- Hazard Logs using the CASSANDRA or other Hazard Log tools.
- Safety Cases, Safety Case Reports for products and services
- Safety Arguments using Claims, Argument Evidence and Goal Structuring Notation using the Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment.
- Ensure close liaison, through proactive lead behavior, with other Boeing, customer and supplier technical disciplines to ensure appropriate evidence is available to support the Safety Cases.
- Proactively support customer and supplier safety meetings and chair System Safety Working Groups
Some UK travel is expected.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Formal system safety training
- Demonstrable proven ability leading and developing Safety Assessments for MoD ground based systems, Information Systems and data.
- Previous industry Safety Engineering knowledge in the application of MoD Safety Policy and Def Stan 00-056.
- Understanding and knowledge of applying safety techniques to safety related data and information systems
- Proven ability of developing Safety Cases for information systems and Safety Cases for Services
- Proven ability with the use of common safety tools, specifically CASSANDRA, Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment
- Demonstrate the ability to lead on the planning of work, and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate safety status and provide performance visibility
- Able to effectively identify and execute opportunities to improve strategies, processes and project plans
- Knowledge of developing resource workload plans and schedules
- Proven ability of providing safety support into bids and proposals
- Lead on the removal of obstacles by identifying where and what help is needed and coordinating with the appropriate leaders and team members
- The candidate should possess strong communication skills, technical competency, and skills with project management concepts/tools
- The role will have significant UK MoD customer and supplier interface and therefore a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is essential.
- Completed or working towards a post graduate qualification in System Safety Engineering is highly desirable.