negotiable hourly rate
about 2 months ago
Our client is a leading developer and manufacturer of missiles. They are seeking a Safety Engineer to work at their site in Bristol on a 6 month contract.
- Generation of safety programme plans that meet the requirements of DEF-STAN 00-56, and supporting the project in obtaining the agreement of such programmes with the customer.
- Conduct a series of system and sub-system safety activities in support of these plans duringalllifecycle phases including, but not limited to:
- hazard identification exercises (SWIFT and HAZOP);
- hazard management and risk analysis, including fault tree and event tree analyses;
- construction of safety arguments and ALARP statements;
- provision of support to internal and external project Safety Panels and Committees;
- (in conjunction with safety focal points) assist in the management and integration of these activities with system engineering and design programs to ensure the timely delivery of material supporting the safety case;
- Liaising with other functions in order to derive safety requirements and hazards.
The candidate will be expected to work with systems teams in order to demonstrate satisfaction of safety requirements.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level).