Hourly Ltd rate
7 months ago
SAFETY ENGINEER CONTRACT - FILTON, 6 MONTH
Our client is looking to recruit a Principal Safety Engineer based at Bristol, primarily targeted at the Aerospace domain, but also involving land and naval domain activities.
Operating within the client's Safety and Environmental Management System, the role will involve defining project safety and environmental requirements, providing guidance on product safety and environmental issues and the production of hazard and accident logs, safety and environmental assessments/cases and associated documentation. The role will also require the successful applicant to review the evidence supporting the safety certification of products including monitoring the hazard tracking system and actively managing the safety risks.
The role will be based in Filton and some travel both in the UK and internationally will be expected.
This role is to provide product safety and environmental management support to projects and engineering activities. This includes reviewing customer requirements; identifying applicable regulations, legislation and standards and defining associated requirements; developing and maintaining safety management plans; conducting, documenting and managing hazard and risk assessments and mitigation strategies; and developing robust arguments for safety cases.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Definition of Product Safety and Environmental Requirements derived from customer requirements, Legislation, Company requirements and emergent properties of the design.
- Provision of technical support to product and other legislative compliance issues.
- Engineering representation at site safety forums as required.
- Represent the Design Integrity function design reviews and phase reviews to provide specialist input.
- Carry out independent Safety and Environmental Assessments on products to support reviews where required
- Sign off Safety Case Reports
- Supplier facing activities
- Customer facing activities