4 months ago
Duration: Contract 6 months
Location: Filton, Bristol
Pay rate: Negotiable
The generation of safety programme plans that meet the requirements of DEF-STAN 00-56 and supporting the project in obtaining the agreement of such programmes with the customer. Conduct a series of system and sub-system safety activities in support of these plans during all life-cycle phases including, but not limited to:-
- Hazard identification exercises (SWIFT and HAZOP)
- Hazard management and risk analysis, including fault tree and event tree analyses
- Construction of safety arguments
- Provision of support to internal and external project Safety Panels and Committees; (in conjunction with safety focal points) assist in the management and integration of these activities with system engineering and design programs to ensure the timely delivery of material supporting the safety case
- Liaise with other functions in order to derive safety requirements and hazards.
- The candidate will be expected to work with systems teams in order to demonstrate satisfaction of safety requirements.
The particular focus for this role will be to support the system safety lead in the production of overall system safety case.
WE SEEK A SAFETY ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)