£50.00 - £55.00 per hour
4 months ago
Senior Safety Engineer
Contract 6 Months
Location: Keynsham, Bristol
Pay rate: £50.00 - £55.00 Ltd per hour
The Safety Services Group (SSG) provide Safety and Environment Management support to the In Service Submarines (ISM) Project Team, supporting the management of In Service Submarine Safety Cases, Safety & Environmental Management Systems and providing safety and risk management expertise to the MoD.
The SSG Senior Safety Engineer is essential to the technical delivery of the Client's outputs under the Maritime Support Delivery Framework (MSDF) contract. Responsible to the SSG Head of Department (HoD) through the Deputy HoD (DHoD) for project delivery via routine & project tasking, budgeting and resource planning.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the SSG HoD in the management of SSG programme output delivery, including task/project identification, definition, delivery, budget management and cost control, resource management and stakeholder liaison.
- Project manage/conduct Safety Services Group projects as directed by the SSG HoD and DHoD.
- Provide safety management advice and support to the MoD and our client.
- Provide advice and expertise on the assessment and management of safety risk to the MoD, our client and Stakeholders as directed by the SSG HoD and DHoD.
- Assess and provide advice to the MoD on submarine material state issues by way of the production of submarine Safety Summary Reports.
- Continually seek to improve the efficiency and quality of service of the Safety Services Group.
- Provide technical review of contracted outputs to ensure the correct level of quality is achieved.
- Nuclear - Proven ability of Naval Reactor Plant systems and operation is desirable.
- Proven ability of submarine systems with an appropriate background in submarine design, support or operations
- Proven ability in the application of Safety and Risk management techniques.
- Proven ability in the application of the requirements of DSA Series / JSP 430 / Def Stan 00-56 or similar methodologies
- Proven ability of project management in a design / safety management or other engineering environment
- Proven ability of environmental management is desirable, but not essential.
WE SEEK A SAFETY ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)