Up to £53.23 per hour
3 months ago
Safety Engineer - Contract 6 Months - Telford - Pay £53.23 Ltd per hour
As a Product Safety Engineer you will be working across the range of the client's Land (UK) programmes. You will be required to support and provide advice to the projects' Technical Authorities including the generation of safety deliverables required for products and services. This role will also offer you the chance to work with a wide range of new and existing products in support of the British Army.
As a Safety Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that all the client's Land (UK) products and services comply with the necessary legislative and business safety requirements. You will be carrying out various activities to ensure that customer expectations are met in terms of achieving safety requirements against agreed milestones.
You will be working in a proactive role, liaising with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
Responsibilities include the following:
* Project Safety & Environmental planning and management.
* Writing in-depth Safety Engineering appraisals and reports, including plans and Safety Case reports.
* Undertaking a range of techniques for conducting Hazard Identification, Analysis Risk Assessment and Functional Analysis.
* Working with customers to ensure products and services meet safety and environmental requirements.
* Creating and maintaining product Hazard Logs.
* Undertaking safety evaluation of engineering designs.
* Responsible and accountable for delivery to meet contractual requirements and achieve key milestones.
* Lead and support reviews with the stakeholder community as appropriate.
* Provide safety engineering support and advice.
As a Safety Engineer your skills and qualifications must include the following:
* A sound engineering background ideally with a background in defence equipment engineering or products.
* Familiar with current UK MoD defence standards in particular Def Stan 00-56, POSMS, DSA 01.1, Land Safety Regulations and OME Safety Regulations.
* Practical application and experience in conducting functional analysis and achieving Safety Integrity.
* Knowledge and proven ability of applying safety management processes within the CADMID cycle and/or the Systems 'V' model.
* Knowledge and proven ability in applying a range of analysis techniques.
* Knowledge and proven ability of producing robust and compelling ALARP and safety arguments.
* Knowledge and proven ability of deriving and setting safety criteria and requirements.
* Proven ability in the production and management of Hazard Logs
* Proven track record of producing technical engineering reports.
* An understanding of safety aspects and completion of assessments for compliance against various UK and EU legislation.
* Knowledge of the UK MoD in particular the management and support of vehicles and equipment.
* Proven ability in OME integration.
* Knowledge and proven ability of product environmental procedures including familiarity with POEMS.
* Proven ability and knowledge of Systems Engineering Lifecycles.
WE SEEK A SAFETY ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVRIONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)