5 months ago
Our client is looking for an experienced Chapter Lead / Safety Case Engineer to facilitate and participate in the production of the Pre-Construction Safety Report (PCSR) for the Control and Instrumentation and Electrical Power Supplies chapters.
Previous experience of the UK ABWR design and safety case (through involvement in the Generic Design Assessment (GDA) process) is advantageous and knowledge and background in C&I and electrical systems is beneficial.
Duties will include
- Development and implementation of the strategies, stakeholder engagement (with the client's Topic Lead and Regulator, if required) and support to the Head of Safety Case.
- Reviewing, updating and maintaining the Specifications for the C&I and Electrical Power Supplies Chapters of the PCSR
- Implementation of the Phase 2 Forward Action Plans (FAPs) for the Chapters Ongoing development of identified Chapters of the PCSR in line with the PCSR programme into Phase 3.
- Working with the relevant Topic Leads and Safety Case Delivery Office to maintain the corresponding entries in the Master Document List (MDL) for the PCSR.
- Planning and specifying work and/or documents required to support production of the PCSR Chapters.
- Managing the organisation production of the C&I and Electrical Power Supplies Chapters and the interfaces (other technical departments), the Contract Organisation for the delivery of the Power Station, Supply Chain and other stakeholders.
- Supporting the clients Topic Leads by attending Regulatory Level 4 meetings with the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR).
- Facilitating resolution of open issues identified as part of the PCSR programme.
- Development of methods of mitigating any risks.
- Attendance at relevant Communities of Practice (CoP) meetings - formal CoP meetings and ad hoc meetings with some members of the CoP to advance production of the PCSR chapters.
- Support to Topic Keep in Touch (KIT) meetings.
- Liaising with the clients Topic Leads as appropriate.
- Attendance at Safety Case team meetings.
- Support to/attendance at the clients Design Reviews.
- Some of the work carried out will involve access to Export Controlled Information (ECI).