Up to £53.00 per hour
4 months ago
Our client are a leading maritime defence company based in Weymouth. They are seeking a Safety Assurance Contractor.
The role holder will be responsible for providing independent assurance on functional safety and product safety across maritime Complex Systems & Support (CS&S) products and services. They will make recommendations and advising on the strategic approach of all business and design matters associated with product safety.
Working within the CS&S Engineering Assurance department, providing product safety and functional safety assurance against using safety analysis techniques, scrutiny of design, and assessment of the development activities in support of system and subsystem safety cases associated with high integrity and complex systems
Providing advice and recommendations to the CS&S Head of Product Assurance on the appropriate strategic direction and planning for the department, on both product safety, technical design, and business matters.
Delivery of corporate and business product safety objectives within the department and the provision of specialist product safety advice to other business functions in the delivery of their corporate and business product safety objectives
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Demonstrable ability in an Independent Safety Auditor/Advisor role within a relevant maritime or air domain
- Understanding of complex system design, functional safety, functional interfaces, relationships and dependencies
- Honours degree in STEM related discipline or equivalent qualification or proven ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to successfully influence a range of stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail, delivering a high level of accuracy in your work.