Our client is a major global player in the Nuclear industry. Operating on a UK Nuclear licensed site specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services based in Capenhurst, Chester.
The role of the Safety Assessor is to deliver safety assessments to cost, time and quality, complying with company standards and industry best practice. They are to undertake checking of assessments delivered by others, and provide expert advice to the wider business on the detailed content of safety cases on site.
- Producing safety assessments in accordance with specified standards, to time, quality and cost
- Providing routine updates on the status of deliverables.
- Supporting safety assessments through the company Safety Case governance process (Safety Review Group, Independent Peer Review, Management of Safety & Environment Committee (MSEC) and Nuclear Safety & Environment Committee (NSEC)).
- Producing ad-hoc assessments input to Change Modification Proposals (CMPs), advice and guidance to the Site Safety Case Manager in response to events and in support of business improvements.
- Provides detailed guidance on the content of extant safety assessments.
- Undertaking periodic reviews of extant safety assessments against current guidance.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Good understanding of how specialist disciplines input and support the development of a Nuclear Safety Case.
- Broad understanding of the UK Regulatory Framework and Regulator expectations in respect of safety assessments.