negotiable hourly rate
5 months ago
Our client are seeking a Contract SAFETY AND RELIABILITY ENGINEER.
They are a global supplier of high integrity control products for aerospace that include: position sensing and control; cockpit controls such as joysticks, throttles, selector handles and switches; high pressure pure air generators for sensor cooling and pneumatic ejection of aircraft munitions and ruggedized harness systems.
The position would involve proactively influencing the development of products to ensure Safety, Testability and R&M principles are implemented and integrated into designs to minimise Whole Life Costs.
- Understand and apply the principles of Safety, Reliability, Maintainability and Testability Engineering in accordance with military and civilian standards, directives and requirements including but not limited to, Def. Stan's 00-40, 42, 44, 45, 56, BSEN 61508, MIL-STD 1629 & 882D, MIL-HDBK 217F, RIAC Derating, ARP4761 & 4754, CS25, ABD0100 as appropriate
- Identify and analyse Safety, Testability, R&M requirements from customers
- Generation of Safety, Reliability, Maintainability, Testability and Supportability plans and case reports
- Safety and Reliability & Maintainability analysis including reliability prediction, FMECA and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) as part of the design and development activities including development/prototype equipment
- Provide guidance for design for safety, reliability, maintainability and testability within Engineering design teams
- Influence the design and development of engineering solutions to be safe and supportable in accordance with the appropriate safety and Supportability codes pf practice
- Conduct/co-ordinate Safety, R&M and Supportability reviews of supplier technical documentation
- Identify and agree Safety and Supportability requirements from international legislation, directives and standards that may be outside of the project scope and which may impact upon the business
Key Skills / Proven ability
The successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate the following behaviours and skills:
- Understand and apply the principles of Safety, Reliability, Maintainability and Testability Engineering in accordance with military and civilian standards,
- Pro-active and self-motivated with good problem solving experience
- Willing to think "outside the box" to achieve problem resolution
- Positive attitude with ability to work within multifunction teams on rapidly moving projects.
- Helpful and assistive approach to resolution of technical challenges, supportive of change
- Good communication skills (presentation, written and verbal)
- Good core IT skills (Windows, Office, Visio etc.)
- A background in electronics would be a distinct advantage
- Understanding of product development lifecycle and associated requirements
- Understands the importance of delivery performance to cost and schedule
- Proven ability and understanding of product development practices to ISO9001 & AS9100 Quality standards
- Understanding and experience of data capture in terms of Technical Publications, Training, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) and WLC/LCC
- Awareness of Supportability aspects of a programme
- Experience of identifying Programme and Customer related Supportability requirements
- Understanding of Mechanical Engineering Development