5 months ago
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy to create products which protect lives at sea.
Due to continued success we are currently recruiting a Safety and Environmental Engineer to join the team based in Winfrith Newburgh, Dorset
Purpose of job
To create and maintain Safety and Environmental Cases for Systems and Services to ensure that all residual risks to personnel and the environment are deemed acceptably safe and environmentally compliant.
* An academic qualification to at least degree level in a relevant engineering-related discipline, or extensive experience in a marine engineering environment.
* Membership of a professional engineering organisation, or working towards Incorporated or Chartered Engineer registration or equivalent
* Working knowledge of Defence / Aerospace domain.
* Formal training in Safety and Environmental Management.
* Encourage a positive safety and environmental culture.
* Up-to-date with safety and environmental legislation, best practice, tools and techniques.
* Experience of the production of Safety and Environmental Cases in accordance with Defence Standard 00-055 and Defence Standard 00-056 or equivalent, and in accordance with the Acquisition Safety and Environmental Management System (ASEMS), Project Oriented Safety Management System (POSMS) and Project Oriented Environmental Management System (POEMS).
* Undertake Hazard Analysis including Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOPS), Structured What-If Technique (SWIFT), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Event Tree Analysis (ETA), Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), and Goal Structure Notation.
* Hazard management and hazard log tools.
* Knowledge and Use of Safety Databases
* Undertake Environmental Impact Screening and Scoping (EISS) studies, Environmental Features Matrix (EFM) and the Environmental Impact Management (EIM).
* Software and data safety analysis including Safety Integrity Levels in accordance with IEC 61508 or equivalent.
* Knowledge of Data Integrity.
* Carry out technical reviews of safety and environmental output produced by other members of the team or by subcontractors.
* Manage the safety and environmental work packages across a number of projects to ensure the safety and environmental deliverables are delivered to time, budget and cost.
* Awareness of reliability engineering.
* Facilitating safety and environmental meetings.
* Maintain regular contact with clients in order to develop good working relationships.
* Full proficiency in the use of MS Office toolset.
* Working as a part of a team in a changing environment, meeting sometimes challenging timescales, and reliably delivering a range of services on time and to budget.
* Managing and reporting of safety and environmental tasks.
* Support bidding activity by providing estimated costs and timescales for safety and environmental activities.
* Implementing and maintaining safety Engineering policy and process to ensure it meets the needs of the business and its customers and complies with relevant legislation.
* Working with Product Managers, System Design Authorities, Technical Leads, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Managers and the other Safety & Environmental Engineer to ensure that safety and environmental factors are considered at every stage in the product life cycle and that products are developed with safety and the environment as the highest priority.
* Work with system experts to uncover potential system safety and environmental issues.
* Monitoring of sub-contractor delivery against requirements and statement of work.