Up to £575.00 per day
7 days ago
Product Regulatory Compliance / Safety and Environmental Engineer
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Newport or Portsmouth
Pay Rate: £575.00 Ltd per day
A vacancy for a Safety/Regulatory Compliance Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space. This role could be based at our Portsmouth or Newport sites.
Working directly with projects teams, the job holder will ensure safety and environmental requirements are identified and complied with.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
- Support and facilitate the creation and maintenance of Product Regulatory Compliance Records and preparation of technical files, including the assessment of relevant supplier information and support to internal / external test campaigns.
- Support the development of products to meet the requirement of EU Directives including the delivery of technical files and Declarations of Conformity.
- Development and maintenance of Safety and Environmental Cases in accordance with UK MOD Safety and Environmental processes and procedures.
- Development and maintenance of project Safety and Environmental Management Plans and related safety and environmental management system documentation.
- Production of deliverable documentation and ensuing the timely delivery and acceptance in line with project timescales.
- Provide advice, guidance and expertise to project and product teams, acting as focal point for all project Safety, Environmental and Product Regulatory compliance matters.
- Lead and manage to resolution Safety, Environmental and Product Regulatory compliance issues.
- Ensuring that all business, regulatory and customer requirements are identified and appropriate compliance evidence is available.
- Undertaking / facilitating required Safety and Environmental analysis.
- Chair internal / external Project Safety and Environmental Committee meetings as required.
- Costing/scheduling of Safety and Environmental work packages.
- Supporting and participating in Project reviews.
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Safety, Environmental or related subject with a background in Safety or Quality Assurance.
- Knowledge and proven ability of Safety and Environmental Product Regulatory Compliance legislation.
- Good knowledge and proven ability of Safety Management Systems.
- Knowledge and proven ability of UK MOD Safety and Environmental Management processes (Def Stan 00-056, POSMS, POEMS).
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification and / or experience.
WE SEEK A SAFETY/REGULATORY COMPLIANCE ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)