Crawley, West Sussex
8 months ago
We are looking for a Safety Engineer to work in the Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) Engineering organisation. To provide safety engineering lead to programmes. There are three key aspects to this role:
- Principal point of contact with Customer(s) for all Safety related matters.
- Responsible to the PDA for ensuring that the derived safety requirements are assessed and that the evidence demonstrates that the requirements have been met.
- Responsible to QA for ensuring that the system complies with all legal and legislative safety requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Day to day management of Safety tasks.
- Responsible for the generation of System Safety Case.
- Technically manage the project safety consultants (if applicable) ensuring they are working on best available project data and their activities are progressing in accordance with the defined sub-contract requirements.
- Liaise with suppliers, in acceptable approaches to meeting the requirements of Def Stan 00-56, including read-across from US Standards (Mil Std, RTCA-DO, etc).
- Review of sub-contractor provided documentation including Safety Management Plans, Programme Plans and Software Safety Plans, Safety Analysis documentation, and Safety Cases. Continuous assessment of supply chain safety compliance data through Audits and Hazard Log Reviews.
- Support to the ISEA and ITE activities (if applicable).
- Undertake all work activities in line with Thales processes to consistently deliver business commitments.
- Focus on the quality of what we deliver to the customer, be proactive and look at continually improving the way we work.
- Experience of safety engineering ideally with significant software content.
- Experience of working directly with UK MoD, UK and overseas suppliers in a responsible safety-related role.
- Knowledge of UK safety standards including Def Stan 00-56 & Def Stan 00-55 is essential.
- Knowledge of US safety standards Mil-882C & RTCA-DO-178B is desirable.
- Experience of complex system safety case development.
- Safety Audit experience desirable.