Manchester, Greater Manchester
£26000 - £32000 per annum
13 days ago
R2R Assistant Accountant
Manchester Airport Group based at Manchester Airport
6 month Fixed Term Contract
£26,000 - £32,000
Morson are proud to own the interim recruitment process for Manchester Airport Group - MAG is the country's largest airport group serving 40 million passengers annually across 250+ routes and has enjoyed year on year growth contributing over £3b to the UK economy with a turnover in excess of £580m.
MAG's Record to Report Team are recruiting FOUR R2R Assistant Accountants on 6 month fixed term contracts. Subsequent Permanent opportunities will be available for the candidates who excel in their contract roles.
The objective of these roles is to support in the preparation of management accounts for the airport divisions ensuring they are accurate, timely and available for management review. This will include engaging with budget holders and Finance colleagues to understand their business and to ensure that their financial performance is accurately reflected in the accounts.
- Assisting in the month end close process, ensuring the ledgers are all closed to strict deadlines.
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the accounts, calculate and post relevant journals to ensure the accounts are reflective of underlying financial performance.
- Ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including review and sign off.
- Part Qualified or equivalent (study support available as necessary)
- An ambitious individual and team player with a "can do" attitude.
- Actively engage business stakeholders and respond to queries in a collaborative manner.
- Have relevant experience of working within a complex head office reporting function.
- Experience of SAP or similar ERP systems is desirable.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills are essential to include pivot tables and look-ups