North West England, England
£35000.00 - £44000.00 per annum
6 months ago
Morson are proud to own the interim recruitment process for Manchester Airport Group - MAG is the country's largest airport group serving 40 million passengers annually across 250+ routes and has enjoyed year on year growth contributing over £3b to the UK economy with a turnover in excess of £580m.
MAG's Record to Report Team are seeking a Management Accountant on a full time, permanent basis to support the R2R function.
As an R2R Accountant, you will lead all management accounting activity for your allocated busines area, ensuring that accurate and technically robust management accounts are produced in a timely manner and in line with group finance service levels. The service supports senior internal and external stakeholders including Divisional Finance Directors, Head of Group FP&A and external auditors.
- Managing the month end close process, ensuring the ledgers are all closed to strict deadlines.
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all aspects of the divisional accounts.
- Ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including review and sign off.).
- Providing divisional accounts and support to the Finance Directors and Finance Business Partners of the relevant Division
Two of the four roles will require the candidate to travel to Stansted for the first two weeks (Monday - Thursday) of every month, for 3 months. This will add transitioning of a finance function to your CV, really helping you in your career going forward. All expenses will be paid for. Please let me know if you would like to partake in the finance migration project.
- A qualified accountant or equivalent
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to effectively coach and motivate your team.
- Able to actively engage stakeholders and colleagues to ensure compliance against processes and consistent execution.
- Experience of producing management accounts in a large, complex organisation
- Able to manage multiple priorities and to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations.
- Experience of working with SAP or similar ERP systems, and possess intermediate to advanced Excel skills to include pivot tables, look-ups etc.
- A strong communicator able to converse at all levels throughout the organisation.
- Offering a continuous improvement mind-set with an ability to manage change.
Salary and Package:
- Marginal bonus
- Pension 5%
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days