Up to £35.00 per hour + overseas uplift
4 months ago
Our client develop a record breaking High Altitude Long Endurance solar-electric powered remotely piloted aircraft system (RPAS) capable of persistent operations in the stratosphere over many weeks. It has held the world record for the longest unrefuelled aeroplane flight since 2010 and is now ready to demonstrate its full potential on the world stage.
They require enthusiastic, talented, team-oriented people with relevant technical and aviation ability to operate the RPAS.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo 8 weeks of specialist training at their UK facility in Farnborough and will operate the RPAS on a rotational basis both in the UK and at overseas locations.
This is your opportunity to be part of an exciting aviation activity at the leading edge of global RPAS operations.
Description of the Job
You will be responsible for the safe and effective operation of the RPAS as part of a multi-person crew encompassing the following tasks:
- System management and aircraft navigation from a ground control station
- Flight planning, meteorology, system preparation and airspace management
- Working with external stakeholders including Air Traffic Control agencies and customers
- Demonstrable ability to make and implement complex technical risk-based decisions under pressure in a small-team environment
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Be willing to deploy to several overseas locations for extended periods
- Competent in maths and physics and skilled at using Microsoft™ applications
- Able to meet UK DVLA Group 2 driving medical standards
- Relevant aviation or technical qualification, preferably to degree level.
- Proven Relevant flying ability, preferably with a valid pilot's licence and ideally with multi-crew knowledge. Instructor and instrument ratings (particularly Australian IREX) would be advantageous. Comparable military qualifications are equally welcome.
- A good understanding of the technical, operational and environmental factors affecting the RPAS.
- Operating knowledge with large RPAS, preferably including beyond line-of-sight flying.
- Able to offer support for other technical, operational or management skills across the programme
- Eligibility to attain UK SC level security clearance.