Greater Manchester, England
£18 - £21 per hour
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
Our client is a market leader in integrated railways systems, equipment and services for the railway sector. Offering a wide range of solutions in the market from high speed trains, metro and tramways, including customised services for rolling stock (overhaul, maintenance & modernisation), infrastructure and signalling services.
We are currently recruiting for dual-skilled engineers/technicians (electrical bias) to work as directed by and in co-operation with the Production Manager in a busy rail maintenance depot environment:-
- All depot protection procedures
- Understand and abide to safety notices, rules and regulations and follow safe working practices, H & S.A.W. and C.O.S.H.H.
- Will adhere to and work within Quality Systems, e.g. ISO 9001.
- Work as part of a team, complete or assist in any of the team's activities to ensure work is completed on time to specification.
- Secondary fault finding (in-depth)
- With other team members will maintain good housekeeping systems of work areas.
- Will use IT Systems related to work being done, including systems related to safety and quality.
- Will carry out final work and process inspections as required.
- Will be capable of accepting training in other skills and carry out duties, e.g. forklift, road vehicle driving (if certified), attend call-outs and breakdowns if required.
- Will be capable of being trained in other activities/skills as required by the Production Manager.
Key skills and requirements for the role include:-
- Apprenticeship trained or equivalent with associated technical qualifications (ONC/HNC/City & Guilds) or recognised equivalent.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 - Electrical/Electronic qualification or equivalent
- Dual skilled (mechanical and electrical)
- Experience of working to procedures, work instructions and vehicle maintenance instructions
- Knowledge, and practical experience of train maintenance, or other transferable industry skill sets i.e. Avionics, Defence, Ex-Armed Forces (REME, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy etc)
Technical Skills & Competencies:-
- Technical skills in fault finding, reading schematic diagrams, work to technical instructions.
- Written & communication skills.
- Team worker and self-motivated.
- Problem resolution.
- Work under own initiative.
- IT literate including MS Office packages.
- Depot Manager, Shift Production Manager, Functional Manager, Team Leaders, other Team Members & Shift Technicians