Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
1. Purpose of the Job
To develop and manage the planning, organisation and implementation of Crossrail's expectant training programme Fundamentally the Crossrail transition from Construction to Operational Railway.
Strategizing the training plan from the current Construction and Commissioning Railway Rule Book to the various Elizabeth Line interfacing Infrastructure Operational Governance (Rail for London, London Underground, Network Rail & MTR-Crossrail).
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Develop the Transition to The Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (ROGS) Training Programme business plan, considering contractual agreements.
* Manage any internal resources assigned to the Transition team with the specific role of supporting the administration of the training programme.
* Arrange the authorisation and manage all bookings for Crossrail (CRL) and agency staff.
* Carry out analysis on training data drawing and summarising findings, determining timescales for training delivery in line with CRLs mobilisation to ROGS strategy training.
* Ensure timely delivery and monitor attendance of training issuing certificates and review for audit trail and future requirements.
* Arrange payment of external training and manage expenditure following CRL procurement and finance policies and procedures.
* Track and forecast the Operational Expenditure (OE) against agreed budget, ensuring that the ROGS Transition team and Sponsor (HSQE Director) are made aware of any potential issues.
* Actively engage with training providers and key stakeholders ensuring specific training pre-requisites around safety critical medicals and pre-course online examinations are adhered to.
* Develop a suitable quantitative Key Performance Indicator (KPI) report that is specific to the training programme and Communicate progress to management in an appropriate format.
* Set up and manage the administration of transitioning staff including but not limited to: managing training records, course administration issuing joining Instructions, monitoring attendance.
* Coordinate with CRLs agency staff suppliers and training leads to ensure that they are suitably managing their supplied staff to Crossrail's training requirements.
* Manage, develop and maintain training course and user records in the ROGS Transition Management System to ensure accurate data collection for audit and reporting purposes.
* Develop and refine training management processes and procedures to innovate and improve.
* Produce and collate training statistics for the Training Key Performance Indicator dashboard of metrics and identify trends for periodic reports.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
* Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures.
* Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
3. Main challenges of the job
* Undertaking training management tasks accurately and reliably to support the activities of the overall Transition to ROGS function and its staff.
* Managing the training bookings proactively to ensure attendance levels are maximised.
* Vigorously managing the training procurement, purchase orders and payments.
* Quickly responding to changing team priorities and deadlines.
* Flexibly managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
* Working as part of Crossrail's ROGS Transition team and reporting into the HSQE Directorate
* Minimal supervision to ensure objectives are met and delivered.
* Internal Communications team and transition team Engagement.
* All Crossrail employees, including senior managers, directors and administrators.
* External training providers, stakeholders and suppliers.
* IT teams.
* Procurement and Finance Teams.
5. Person Specification
o Degree qualified or equivalent in appropriate Learning and Development/Training and Development, Business or Human Resources discipline.
o Knowledge or experience in railway/transport training management (desirable).
o Proven experience as a training manager or experience in a similar role.
o Demonstratable track record in developing and executing successful Training Management System or similar planning tool.
o Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, theory and practical training, e-learning, workshops, scenario based etc).
o Excellent communication skills with strong writing and record keeping ability for reporting.
o Excellent interpersonal skills, confident and articulate, with strong initiative and problem solving and leadership skills.
o Ability to plan and deliver to demanding deadlines.
o Excellent computer literacy, conversant with databases, document management systems, Outlook, MS Office 2010 and SharePoint.
o Forecasting and budget management experience.
o High level of numeracy and literacy and a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.