£200.00 - £250.00 per day
over 1 year ago
We are currently recruiting for a Roadworks Officer to support a range for highway related project across London.
The key accountability's of the Roadworks Officer will be as follows:
- Back-office support for TfL's NRSWA Inspection regime
- Producing periodic reports conveying various aspects of NRSWA Inspection performance
- Provide general cover for other back-office NRSWA activities such as managing S81 defects and issuing S50 Licences
- Process defective inspections, influencing positive outcomes to disputes and arranging joint site visits as required
- Maintain inspection databases and audit the level of generated inspections returned to ensure inspections are completed in a timely fashion, to a high quality, with any inconsistencies in performance identified.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure measures are implemented to mitigate any unsafe or disruptive Roadworks
- Compile evidential files to support the recovery of charges from work promoters or any prosecution action where non-compliance is identified.
The Knowledge, skills and experience expected of the Roadworks Officer will be as follows:
- Experience of Highway Authority NRSWA Inspection administration
- Experience of NRSWA SROH & reinstatement defect processing and disputes
- Experience of EToN systems - preferably Symology Insight
- Ability to produce reports using Microsoft Excel
- Experience in NRSWA cost recovery - desirable
- A BTEC ONC or higher in civil engineering subject or equivalent qualification preferred
- A general understanding of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 and Traffic Management Act 2004, together with its associated Regulations and Codes of Practice
- General understanding of inspection/survey principles relating to roadworks operations and highway infrastructure
- Experience in the Roadworks industry preferable
- Experience in systematically dealing with high levels of data volumes
***This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted. ***
In order to apply for the Roadworks Officer, please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.