£200.00 - £250.00 per day
29 days ago
We are currently recruiting for a Roadworks Inspector who will analyse and process roadworks intelligence to trigger enforcement action, assess and report on the quality of roadworks and conduct inspections to ensure compliance.
1. Perform inspections using CCTV or at sites, recording evidence on personal data capture devices or within bespoke software applications, including sample, defect and investigatory inspections required under the New Roads & Street Works Act (NRSWA), and to capture evidence of road network occupation to mitigate statutory charges being challenged by works promoters, and provide shift rotation coverage (seven days per week) where contracted to do so.
2. Certify approved permit conditions are being complied with.
3. Manage disruptive incidents that occur during special events or out-of-hours with a view to instruct promoters to implement solutions that mitigate disruption, acting as first point of contact.
4. Attend roadworks site meetings to raise issues relating to unsatisfactory practices.
5. Take action to ensure all traffic management and health and safety requirements on site are met and are not causing unnecessary disruption.
6. Record compliance data and details of rechargeable costs.
7. Manage the receipt, collation and assimilation of intelligence and then conduct analysis to ensure compliance with industry standards, capturing observations and compiling evidential files for breaches of industry standards.
1. BTEC ONC or higher in civil engineering subject or equivalent, CDM qualified and / or significant work experience.
2. Registered at Supervisor level with the National Streetworks Qualification Register (preferable).
3. Understanding of traffic management issues and the operation of a road network in a busy congested urban environment.
4. Understanding of inspection/survey principles relating to roadworks operations and highway infrastructure.
5. Understanding of Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual and other traffic signs, markings and parking controls.
6. Understanding of NRSWA and its associated regulations and codes of practice.
7. Understanding of the Traffic Management Act and its associated regulations and codes of practice.
8. Holds a full driving licence and is able to drive motor cars and scooters.
1. Able to produce and distribute highly detailed and concise reports.
2. Systematic approach to problem solving, especially for encouraging other colleagues to meet deadlines.
3. Able to manage large volumes of data and resolve queries using own initiative.
1. Experience of representing an organisation with internal and external interests.
2. Experience in the roadworks industry.
3. Preferable experience of the electronic transfer of notice (EToN) procedures and Street Works Register computer software packages and personal data capture devices.
***This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted. ***
In order to apply for the Roadworks Inspector role please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.