£250.00 - £300.00 per day
3 months ago
My client are a leading Tier 1 contractor within the Build and Infrastructure sectors and are actively looking for a Risk Manager on a 2-3 day basis per week. The role will be for an ongoing contract dependant on performance (2+ years).
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The Risk Manager will apply risk management principles in accordance with Highways England Major Projects Directorate Risk and Issue Management Manual, to support a Improvement project management team on the M6 in the successful delivery of the project.
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work is summarised as follows:
1. In collaboration with the client, prepare and update a project specific Risk Management Plan using the Highways England template and secure its approval as a PCF Product.
2. Regularly engage with the design and construction teams to identify, assess and proactively manage risks.
3. Lead monthly risk reviews with the onsite project management team.
4. Lead monthly risk reviews with Highway England project management team, the Technical Advisor (Risk) and Project Assurance Risk Advisor.
5. Maintain and keep the risk register regularly updated in Xactium.
6. Ensure that "snapshot" risk registers are to a standard that will secure approval for stage gate reviews.
7. Provide risk register reports to the contractor and client (Highways England) project management teams as requested.
8. Provide risk input to the leadership report and Highways England progress report on a monthly basis.
9. Prepare for and lead quarterly risk workshops.
10. Participate in ad-hoc project management discussions and meetings where there is a risk aspect to be considered.
11. Participate in assurance review interviews as required.
12. Participate in national and regional risk management events arranged by Highways England.