Jebel Ali, Dubai
UAE Dirhams32000.00 - UAE Dirhams35000.00 per month
3 months ago
Being a subject matter expert, the Risk Manager will ensure a strong risk and control environment is embedded across Our Client. Through the use of both quantitative and qualitative Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) practices, the Risk Manager is expected to support Our client's Head of Risk in leading risk programmes across the business.
This role will include ensuring the effective development/implementation of risk registers and the management of risks through an online system. Combined with this, the successful candidate must also be capable in leading and conducting and managing a series of risk workshops and identifying new/emerging risks to Our Client World.
Other elements of the role include the timely completion of risk issues and preparing reporting of key risks to stakeholders across Our Client as required on status, mitigation strategies and areas of high risk.
Reporting to Head of Risk Management and providing risk analysis data to Director of Internal audit.
Acts independently and liaises with Business Units and Regions globally to ensure completeness, consistent ERM/BCP data.
Qualification and Education
* Degree qualified with post graduate experience in risk management 4 - 8 years.
* Professional Certification/designation e.g. CIRM in risk management or willingness to pursue such designation.
* Experienced in working on multiple projects with superior time management and project management skills in meeting deadlines.
* Demonstrable team working and relationship building skills.
* Understanding of ERM/BCP Frameworks and risk assessment practices and experience in applying them to develop, collate, analyse risk data and report to various stakeholders.
* Demonstrable experience in the development of organizational Risk Appetite, Risk quantification and experience in the development of stress test scenarios.
* Good cultural awareness due to contact with global offices.
* Expert in Microsoft Excel Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint essential.
* Experience in marine terminal industry beneficial.
* Language skills preferable.
Skills and Behaviour
* Experience in managing all aspects of risk across an international organisation
* Proven experience in setting up and creating/managing the application of innovative risk management techniques in a major environment, implementing risk management in an integrated manner with other project controls disciplines
* Ability to manage and engage in executive level forums and discussions
* Ability to influence decision making through changing risk behaviour / culture
* Ability to prepare and deliver high level risk presentations
* Ability to travel internationally on a regular basis (between 20 - 30% travel).
* Exceptional written and spoken English
* Ability to coordinate risk reports and feed risk profile
* Ability to maintain confidentiality whilst being exposed to very sensitive information
* Previous experience working with risk management software
* Exceptional analytical skills with attention to detail and ability to work accurately essential
* Verbal skills - ability to speak one on one to obtain information, explain policies, procedures and persuade others to action items tactful, diplomatic and approachable
* Strong reasoning skills: comparing risk data to standards, classifying risks according to established criteria analysing risk information for patterns and relationships skilled in organising risk data in a systemic way to optimise efficiency and minimise duplication of effort.
* Strong business writing skills essential - writing grammatically correct, logical, concise analytical reports and conveying information in the most appropriate format.
* Self-starter with ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction and skilled in repetitive work according to set procedures, sequence and pace